I followed seed starting directions found in a recent issue of Mother Earth News. Basically we:
- Used a pencil to punch three holes in some small paper cups, then filled them to the top with seed germinating mix.
- Planted each cup with either 3 Red Salad Bowl lettuce seeds or 3 Kale Vates seeds. We left the lettuce uncovered, as per directions. The Kale got covered with 1/4 inch of the germinating mix.
- Watered the cups and set them in a large plastic container. We used craft sticks to label our varieties.
- Draped the container loosely with plastic wrap to help keep the seeds warm.
- Set the container in a sunny spot in the laundry room where it will hopefully stay warm enough for germination.
Now we are just in wait-and-water mode. Once I see some sprouts, they will go under our grow lights until they are ready to move out to the cold frame.
It is so nice to be gardening again:)
Linking up with Simple Lives Thursday