Monday, March 4, 2013

Goings-On

A look at what's going on this week around our little farm in the backyard...

The seeds are starting to come up! More on that later. I took pictures, naturally:)

The cold frame will hopefully be finished by week's end. Poor husband is down with the flu right now!

Oh, and yes, the flu is going around, or at least I think it is the flu. Everyone has either had it or is getting over it. Slowly.

My back-ordered lettuce has arrived. I am trying to decide whether to start it indoors or plant it out in the cold frame once it's ready. I am trying pelleted lettuce seed for the first time this year.

The weather is looking very promising for good sap run. Which means lots more boiling.

The goats need their hooves trimmed.

I think we are going to order a few more laying chicks this week. Still debating the meat birds.

We will hopefully be getting our chimney cleaned after a chimney fire last week! Luckily I was home at the time, but this has put a serious dent in my wood-burning confidence:(.

In happier news, we are expecting lots more eggs from the chickens. Today we got six! Pretty soon we will be swamped:).

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment